Instructions for Life
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute ruin a great relationship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone everyday.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life, then, when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation of your life.
13. In disagreement with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge, it is a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the Earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace that you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.