1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is an American author of over 30 books. His works have sold millions of copies worldwide and have been translated into dozens of languages. His most famous book, Life's Little Instruction Book was originally written as a gift for his son who was leaving home to begin college. It ended up spending more than two years on the New York Times' Best Sellers list.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr. is also the author of the popular "21 Suggestions for Success", a collection of simple advice for being successful and happy in all areas of life. In addition, there are many other inspirational and practical quotes by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Today, H. Jackson Brown, Jr. continues to ponder and write from his remote log cabin in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains.