Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thoughts from a Stray


A Very Special Pup
Humane Society of East Texas
Adoption Line:  (903) 597-2471

Dear God, protect and bless all beings
 that breathe, keep all evil from them,
 and let them sleep in peace.  Amen.
~Albert Schweitzer ~
 Memoirs of Childhood and Youth 
 
Dear God, please send me somebody who will love me and care.
I’m tired of running. I’m sick with despair.
My body is aching and so racked with pain.
I pray so hard, as I run in the rain,
that you will send someone from a loving home, with a warm cozy bed and a big juicy bone.

My last owner tied me up in the yard and left me without any water and that was so hard!  So I chewed my leash and I ran away to rummage in garbage and live as a stray.

I am now so tired, hungry and cold and
so afraid that I will never grow old.

They’ve chased me with sticks and hit me with stones,
as I run the streets looking for bones!

I’m not really bad. Please help if you can,
for I have become just a “Victim of Man!”

I’m wormy and ridden with fleas and
all that I want is an owner please!

If you find one for me I’ll try to obey,
when they tell me to sit, to lie down or to stay!

I don’t think I’ll make it too long on my own,
because I’m getting so weak and I’m so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
because I'm afraid that I’m going to die.
I’ve got so much love and devotion to give.
Please God give me a chance.  I just want to live. Please, please answer my prayer and
send me somebody who really will care.

No comments:

Post a Comment