Surprisingly, most of us have a list…in our heads. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t write the list down, let alone make the list visual, let alone take action on the items within the list.
Here’s why I think it’s a good idea to invest your time creating your Bucket List:
1. Your LIST will remind you of your ‘why.’ So often, we are consumed by ‘how’ to do something (how to have a better life, make more money, spend time with family, etc.). In the process we overlook why we want these things, in essence, if we don’t know ‘why’, the ‘how’ makes little difference. The ‘why’ defines our purpose and helps to provide some motivation to persist in spite of the challenges along the way.
2. Reviewing your list is a great way to re-energize yourself. How often do we find ourselves so busy running on the ‘hamster-wheel’ of life that we lose sight of the bigger picture? Your LIST can refresh your perspective, sharpen your focus and get you back on track. Are you more motivated to work for what you want or what somebody else wants you to have?
3. Your LIST is also your reward. People find it difficult to reward themselves when we achieve a goal or milestone. It’s like buying yourself a birthday present. I mean, why not?…you work hard, don’t you? So you deserve something special. Once you make this list, you have no excuse to deprive yourself. Now, when you set some great personal or business goals, you select the reward that accompanies their achievement.
4. Stealing from the book ‘The Secret’, your LIST will create tension between you and the things on your list once it’s written. With The Law of Attraction working with you, you’ll find that things will show-up and fall in place in your life to allow you to accomplish your list. Don’t knock this phenomenon until you try it! Creating and sharing your list makes it possible for others to assist you in achieving your dreams. Couple this with a positive attitude and some discipline you’ll see it happen.
5. Add to or build your legacy. How would you like to be remembered? Years from now, when stories are being told about you and how you lived, what do you want your kids and their families to be saying? Consider the example you will set for future generations. What an awesome privilege and responsibility! To be known for your accomplishments, kindness, wisdom, and experience would be a great legacy to leave behind. And to be known for having fun doing it!
You are only limited by your imagination and creativity. My suggestion is to share your list with those around you and steal from theirs to build your own. There are no limits here.
“It comes down to a simple choice…you can get busy livin’ or you can get busy dying.”
– Shawshank Redemption
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Travis Bell is passionate about motivating people to reach their true potential.
"I have always been fascinated with 'things' that make a difference in the lives of individuals and I love seeing people achieve things in their life that they never thought possible."