Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ain't That The Truth!

Ain't That The Truth
Anonymous


Just isn't the same.
Everything is further away than it used to be. 
It is twice as far to the corner and I noticed they added a hill.
I've given up running for the bus -- it leaves faster than it used to.
It also seems they are even making the stairs steeper than in the old days.
Have you noticed the smaller print they are using now in the newspaper?
There is no sense in asking anyone to read aloud -- everyone speaks in such a low voice. I can hardly hear them.
The material in clothing is so skimpy now -- specially around the waist. 
Even people are changing -- they are so much younger than they used to be when I was their age.
On the other hand, people my own age are so much older than I am. 
I ran across an old classmate the other day and she aged so badly she didn't recognize me.
I got to thinking about the poor thing while I was combing my hair this morning and in so doing I glanced at my reflection in the mirror -- really now, I'm serious -- they just don't make good mirrors anymore either.

No comments:

Post a Comment